Mobile Deposit allows you to deposit your checks anywhere. Just open the app, snap a photo, and the funds are deposited into your account!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do with my check once it is deposited?
Please take the following steps with your check:
- Sign your check and include “Deposit only to Bank of Star Valley” prior to depositing
- Keep the check in a secure location for 30 days to give it time to clear the maker’s
- Write VOID on the front of the check and either destroy it or keep it in a secure
location for your records
- How quickly will the funds be in my account?
In normal processing the funds from your deposited check will be in your account
the next business day. To ensure proper processing, please make sure that the images
of the front and back of your check are clear and include all four corners of each
- How does Bank of Star Valley use the pictures I take to make a deposit into my account?
On October 28th, 2004, The Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act or Check 21 went
into effect. This law was designed to enable banks to handle more checks electronically
and make check processing faster and more efficient. Because of Check 21 Bank of
Star Valley is able to use the images captured on your phone to convert your check
into a Check 21 image and process it electronically as a replacement of your paper
- Can the funds come back out of my account once they show deposited?
Yes. As a service to our customers, Bank of Star Valley gives next day funds availability
to the checks you deposit. As with paper checks, there is still the opportunity
for the institution that holds the account the check is drawn off of to return the
check because of insufficient funds or other reasons. The process for recovering
the funds from these checks is the same as if you deposited a paper check.
- If I receive an error when trying to deposit my check, what should I do?
The most frequent error is caused by an invalid image. Make sure that your check
is against a solid background such as a table, that the image is focused, and that
all four corners of the check are visible. If the image is good you may be getting
an error that tells you the check cannot be deposited at this time. Wait several
minutes and try submitting the check again. If errors persist, please contact Bank
of Star Valley at 307-885-0000 and we would be happy to assist you.